Wednesday, May 28, 2008

How I Proposed

Some time ago Arzme related to me a conversation he had with Sidah. Apparently somehow they ended up talking about proposals. She didn't expect me to propose since it was clear we had already applied for a flat together. That's the Singapore way, after all.

We had to postpone our anniversary celebrations this year thanks to our hectic work schedule. She probably hated that because I know she's the sentimental type. Now at this point I thought, hmm I should go all out and make it a day to remember. And I needed a ring.

Now for twenty-odd years of my life I've never bought a ring. Previously I did have rings but they were Captain Planet rings I (sigh) stole from supermarkets. I blame the bad crowd I was with during that time. The pakaging for those toys also made it too easy to just nick it from the toy figures.

Anyway this was the fourth ring I bought in a matter of months this year. It was the cheapest of the four but definitely the shiniest.

Photobucket

So I had been trying to find a nice dining place but they were either too expensive or too common. Also I needed a private space to propose. Nothing seemed right. So I just junked the dining option. That made it so much easier. I'd just propose on a boat!

That was how I found myself at the edge of the island in Tuas. This was where Raffles Marina was. I didn't even know there was a marina there.

Photobucket

It was here that I found a boat. It was also the cheapest boat I found. It looked like a gift of God but I think perhaps it was just a trick of the lighting.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So we were all set for Saturday. Or so I thought.

On Friday afternoon, Raffles Marina called to tell me that their boat broke down. So now I had to get another boat within the next 24 hrs. Drama!

I did manage to get another boat. A better boat..... a more expensive boat. So on Saturday morning I found myself in another marina to settle the new boat stuff, rush to Bugis to shop for my sailing outfit and then get back to bathe and get ready.

I managed all this without much trouble. I actually had time to sit down a while to watch tv. That turned out to be a bad idea, cos ironically I Propose was on. The guy even stole my idea to propose on a boat!

Photobucket

He even got the same bloody blue box. Copycat.

Photobucket

Anyway at 4pm I was waiting under her block in a London cab. Somehow I knew she was very surprised....

Photobucket

and worried at the same time.

Photobucket

She got over it fairly quickly.

Photobucket

Once we reached the marina, the cam-whoring began.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here was the boat. No regrets in the end.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was a beautiful day as we left the marina.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We joined the captain on the top deck.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We picked up speed as we left harbour with the wind in our hair.

Photobucket

Sorry, her hair.

Photobucket

We passed some familiar sights along the way.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Otherwise we just sat back and enjoyed the ride.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We went back below to check out the rest of the boat. We were still making good speed.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was the corridor to the bedroom.

Photobucket

The door led to the attached bathroom.

Photobucket

This was the main bedroom.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I noticed we were slowing down so I went outside to check. Land ho! We've arrived.

Photobucket

This was the view from the captain's deck.

Photobucket

Here was the view from inside our cabin.

Photobucket

Photobucket

While captain and crew were busy mooring us to the jetty, I was playing Captain.

Photobucket

Then Sidah plak sibuk-sibuk.

Photobucket

So I reported her to the Captain.

Photobucket

So we both ended up being thrown off the boat.

Photobucket

Luckily we brought ice cream.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So we had a little picnic.

Photobucket

And sat back to enjoy the sunset.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Before too long it was already time to leave.

Photobucket

We had to say goodbye to our own little private retreat.

Photobucket

We were still only halfway through our trip though. Look out for the next entry coming soon....

2 comments:

Hart said...

Aarghh.... it looks lovely!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna steal YOUR idea for his birthday this year!!! So keep it to yourself ya!

-Hartini

Al Hafiizh said...

ahahaha ok but i dun think posting it up on the web helps....