Monday, February 02, 2009

Term 1 Week 5 Report

After the thankfully short CNY work week, I find myself at the mid-point of the first term. It's a good time as any to reflect on the progress we've made.

Amazingly the first delivery of our stationery supplies only arrived today! All this while we have been making do with whatever paints, paper, brushes, stamps or recycled materials that we could get our hands on.

Not to mention that we were supposed to only start on the fourth week but we already had students coming into our Prevoc room on the 2nd week. It's all been a mad rush since then.

Even so Yazid managed to prepare bookmarks for the Parent's Orientation two weeks after we started.

Photobucket

He also got the kids to decorate these paper boxes.

Photobucket

My kids were learning to stamp on markings made on paper. With a little bit of marker and the photostating machine, pretty soon I had strips of flowers ready to be made into bookmarks.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After that it was just a matter of laminating and threading ribbon through them and there you have it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The students under me were also dabbling with paper mache. Unfortunately the first few attempts did not turn out like they should.

Photobucket

In case you are wondering, that was supposed to be a huge heart. So I thought I would go back to the basics and make simple round shapes from balloons.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Apparently big shapes are harder to pull off so I finally managed to get them to make my valentine hearts.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I still haven't decided what I would do with them. Maybe fill them up with something and seal them to make paperweights probably.

Photobucket

Have a happy valentines!

Photobucket

0 comments: