Sunday, February 10, 2008

Bujanglapok Learns To Cook

So much for updating my blog regularly. My first entry for the new year is in February!

2008 has been much much busier workwise than 2007. I actually volunteered to take charge of publishing a newsletter for my school. I should have known how much more it was than publishing oh say, a blog. Anyway 3 more pages and we'll be ready to go to print!

Here's a preview of the front page.
Photobucket

Class-wise I am also doing Adaptive Living Skills (ADL) for the semester. ADL is fancy special education teacher talk for cooking class. We've done milkshakes, cheeseburgers, hot dogs and chocolate-covered bananas.

The last were a total failure. Don't get me wrong - they tasted great but the presentation left a lot to be desired.

I had the chocolate and honeystars.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

I had a bright idea to freeze the bananas. My mistake was putting them in the freezer instead of the normal compartment.

Photobucket

See for yourself.

Photobucket

I still went ahead with it. They tasted great but definitely not appetizing enough.

Photobucket

My other projects went much better. Look how cool and organized my two workstations are for cheeseburgers or hot dogs. I forget which.

Photobucket

Wish I could show you the end products but good things never last long enough for pictures....

2 comments:

ana said...

Haha, I thought ADL stands for Activities of Daily Living.

That said, the food still looks good! Can't go wrong with choc and banana lah!

Al Hafiizh said...

hehe it looks good now but after some time....